Monday, May 9, 2022

Tuesday Treat - May 10, 2022

 It's been a bad week.  I had a bad fall last Wednesday.  I tripped over the kitchen rug that had been folded up so we could wash the kitchen floor.  I knew it was there.  I walked around it a dozen times.  But, when I finished lunch, I turned around to put my dish in the sink and flew over the rug.  I landed on my knees and then flipped over (don't ask me how) and smacked my head on the floor and landed on my back.  I couldn't get up and I didn't want my hubby to break his back again trying to pick me up, so we called 911.  The rescue squad came and helped me up and then told me since I was on blood thinners, I really needed to go to the ER for a head scan.  I didn't want to spend the day (and possibly night) at the hospital so I refused.  I am very black and blue with several large hematomas (that's what the big black swollen lumps are called) on my knee, leg and butt.  I am very, very sore!

Anyway, that's my story for this week.  Hope your week was better.  Here are your treats.  ENJOY!



5 comments:

Nancy said...

I too take a blood thinner. Perhaps your regular doctor can arrange a scan so you will be sure you're okay.

KM said...

So very sorry you took such a tumble. Praying you are ok. Please be careful and be aware of signs of an internal bleed. Hope you are recovering quickly and are back to "fightin' status" soon. ;)

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your fall. Please be sure and have yourself checked. Feel better soon and thank you for the lovely digi gift.

Anonymous said...

So sorry - you are too generous to have problems. Please follow through with a medical assessment. You don't want to spend time later because of unforeseen issues. Prayers there will be no long term side effects.

Scarette said...

I was so sorry to read this! In the last few months my husband, our daughter (only in her 40s) and me, all had bad falls. Mine wasn't helped with all the wine I had consumed and my natural clumsiness. Unfortunately, we all fell on our faces, so we weren't very pretty for a few weeks.

Please take care of yourself. See your doctor. Maybe he can set up a scan or X-rays that will be more convenient for you!