Monday, September 11, 2023

Tuesday Treat - September 12, 2023

 As I sit here writing this, I am listening to replays of the attacks on 9/11 so many years ago.  I grew up in New York City.  I was living in Albuquerque NM at the time of the attacks.  I was getting ready to go to work.  Hubby was in the shower and I was doing my hair with the morning news on.  I remember watching the news in horror as the second plane hit the towers.   My sister worked nearby.   I tried to reach her but could not get through.  This could not be happening!!

We had a dear friend who was a young girl in Germany during WWII.  I remember her telling me we were lucky we did not have war here in our country, on our land, killing our friends and neighbors.  Well, here we were.

I finally reached my sister (thank God for the internet) and she was safe.  But the horror!  There is so much evil in the world.

But, there is good too.  And we don't hear about that often enough.  

Enough.  This is depressing.  

Today I am in a lot of pain.  I think I did too much over the weekend.  I slept like a rock last night -- first time in ages I slept the whole night -- and got up at 10am.  I am still in my robe because I plan to go back to bed.  Maybe spend the day in bed.  Who knows.  It's one of those days.

Luckily I have your goodie all ready.  ENJOY!  Enjoy the goodie, enjoy the day, ENJOY LIFE!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perfect for the fall. Thanks so much. I hope you feel better after resting.

anita said...

Thank you so much for all your freebies. I love your designs.

Anonymous said...

Thank you - have a great day and very restful night. Lin

Scarette said...

The horrific images from 9-11 are still hard to believe.

Kelly S said...

Thank you!